Forum

For more
news:

Re: server crashing at jboss-service.xml

[Answer] [ Index ] [Home]

Subject: Re: server crashing at jboss-service.xml
From: no.rrokytskyy.spamuserssourceforge.net (Roman Rokytskyy)
Newsgroups: fyracle
Date: Jun 09 2005 00:17:36

are you in someway involved into the Compiere / Fyracle thing?

I am the one of the Firebird project admins and cooperate with Janus
Software, also I am leader of the JDBC driver project (and other
Java-related activities of Firebird). However I am not responsible for
Compiere port, as far as I know, it was done in cooperation with Jotel.

I am searching for the right base for Compiere at the moment and don't
want to use Oracle (if there's a way around it).

What do you think, is Fyracle just a technology demonstration or will
that become a supported base for Compiere?

I cannot tell you whether it will be one of the officially supported
databases for Compiere from the Compiere side, there might be some politics
involved (see the situation with their so-called "database independence"
mode which currently is oriented on commercial RDBMSes only, though I
suspect that it would be not so hard to convert those stored procedures into
regular Java code).

As one of the Firebird project admins I can assure you that we (Firebird
project) are tightly cooperating with Janus Software, and will continue
cooperating. Janus has contributed many features to Firebird project, we
help Janus during development of the Oracle mode. We do not view Fyracle as
technology demonstration, but a commercial product that brings an important
value to the project. Currently we are cooperating with Janus in the
development of the Java support in Firebird (first to appear in Fyracle
because of the shorter release cycle). For Compiere that will mean that the
most recent version of their "database independence" layer can work with
Firebird/Fyracle too.

However, as to the right database choice for Compiere, you'd better ask
Janus and/or Jotel. I have no experience with Compiere itself, though I have
quite some experience with Firebird, Java and JBoss. That is why I am here.
:)

Roman

Date Subject  Author
08.06. * Re: server crashing at jboss-service.xmlFabian Schulz
08.06. `* Re: server crashing at jboss-service.xmlRoman Rokytskyy
08.06.  `* Re: server crashing at jboss-service.xmlFabian Schulz
08.06.   +* Re: server crashing at jboss-service.xmlRoman Rokytskyy
08.06.   |`* Re: server crashing at jboss-service.xmlFabian Schulz
08.06.   | `* Re: [...]Roman Rokytskyy
08.06.   |  +* Re: [...]Fabian Schulz
09.06.   |  |`- Re: [...]Roman Rokytskyy
09.06.   |  `* Re: [...]Roman Rokytskyy
09.06.   |   `- Re: [...]Fabian Schulz
31.07.   `* i am not able to start jboss serverilayaraja
27.10.    `- Re: i am not able to start jboss serverCharbel