ANNOUNCE: Fyracle 0.8.5 released
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Fyracle 0.8.5 released
From: infojanus-softwarecom (Janus)
Organization: not organized
Date: Feb 13 2005 23:34:05
Fyracle 0.8.5 released
- added ALTER TABLE ADD <column definition> syntax
- added ALTER TABLE DROP <column name> syntax
- plsql compiler can now detect multiple script
errors in a single run
- fixed a problem with long table definitions
- fixed a problem with the TO_CHAR function
- fixed a bug in PL/SQL's handling of scaled integers
The windows 0.8.4 installers contained several 0.8.3
binaries. This has been fixed in 0.8.5
The "demo kit" has been renamed "fyracle runtime kit"
The "install kit" has been renamed "fyracle developer kit"
The new runtime install kits can be downloaded from:
The developer kit can be downloaded via:
The recommended upgrade procedure is to first
uninstall previous versions of Fyracle and only
then to install the new 0.8.5 release. Remember
to save your configuration files (firebird.conf
and aliases.conf) if you changed them!
The uninstaller has a start menu entry on Windows
and can be found at the top of the install
directory on Linux and Windows.
No change since 0.8.4 / 1 Feb 2005